View Single Post
Old September 23, 2004, 10:50 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Sunil, I have a question regarding your quote "lots of people in India support Bangladesh". You see, when I started watching cricket, I used to think that because Bangladesh and India are friends - neighbours (generally, not only in the cricket arena), so everybody in India should support Bangladesh, as I used to support India at the time (during India-Pakistan matches, ofcourse) because of the same reasons.

But then after quite some time, I started to see that there are lots of Indians who actually DO NOT support Bangladesh, (namely Sanjay Manjrekar) on TV commentary. I was so surprised that it got me thinking a lot. Because I was so young then, so I could not understand that people could do that.

Ofcourse, now I don't think that way, but I still remember how I felt the first time I heard an Indian ON TV saying AGAINST Bangladesh. Since that day, I started to see things differently and now a days, I doubt whether anyone outside the West Bengal do support Bangladesh, given a few outsiders like yourself, Amit, WisdenVoice (and may be 1 or 2 others here) on this forum.