View Single Post
Old April 21, 2020, 01:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I hope everyone is staying safe and doing everything possible to help those in need.

Just wanted to share this so it inspires others to come forward and help those in serious need.

I run a cricket WhatsApp group, we have members from BC exclusively, over 30+. One of the brothers in the group, came up with an idea to collect funds from the members in the group, so that food can be distributed for the less fortunate in time of lockdown in Bangladesh. Alhamduillah, we contributed, and raised £1,000, this equated to feeding 100 family for a week. I know this is not enough, and we need to do more. I am sharing this, only to inspire others to do similar things if you are part of a group.

We were fortunate that we had a brother in Dhaka, who was doing the distribution, buying the items e.g. rice/oil/etc and distributing to those in extreme need. He was also taking high risk, but we mitigated that by getting him full PPE kit. I am thankful to that brother.

my message from this, please do everything possible to help, these are very trying times, but more so for the poor, a lock down for them, can mean dying out of hunger.

Stay safe.

Here is a video link of the good work that was done: https://www.facebook.com/bdcrictime/...8064513201446/
Thanks to the owner of bdcrictime, for making this possible.
Sporty, which Brother did you all trust the 1k bucks with in BD? Hope ain't one of my cousins from B'brahmanbaria.

Anyways, that's very good of you, and I am sure your associates are great - Super good kind work there, Sporty@ !