View Single Post
Old February 7, 2017, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
You guys are over-rating the "fizz". Its one thing to take wickets in LOI cricket, where the batsmen have to constantly keep taking a bit of risk and go for their shots in pursuit of runs. Test cricket is an altogether different beast. It requires endurance and stamina from the bowlers - the capacity to bowl 20-25 overs a day at top pace and effectiveness is a pre-requisite. So is the ability to take wickets when batsmen are defending. Or work them out with a plan. Not just take wickets by defeating and deceiving the big shot with a well disguised cutter.

I saw a little bit of that Subhashish fella bowling in NZ. To me, BD would be better off going with a bowler like that guy instead of "Fizz" in test cricket. That's assuming the new guy is fit enough to bowl sustained quality spells, and has enough abilty and experience to be a wicket-taker in the longer format. "Fizz" would likely fizzle out with the red ball, at this stage of his career. He needs to keep developing and add more weapons to his armory before he can be effective in test cricket. Throw him in before he's ready, and you risk burning him out, especially given his fragile physique and fitness levels.
Couldn't have said it any better myself