View Single Post
Old June 20, 2019, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Default Poll: Do you think we would have won today if we had Saifuddin and Mossadek?

I want to get a feel for what people think regarding how far we have come as a team. Is Aus really on a different level? Or did we miss out because of a less than optimum team?

Yes, we conceded 386 vs Eng with Saifuddin, but he was less expensive in that game, the what Rubel was today. He also got two wickets that game to Rubel's 0 today. And you know wickets can change the game. He also is being groomed as the finisher, with Fizz. And I am sure he is learning with every game.

Regarding Mossadek, we actually got fantastic value out of Soumya, so his bowling contribution would unlikely be better than what Soumya bowled for us today. But some may make a case for him being more economical. But he was absolutely taken apart vs Eng, so I don't know.

But batting wise, he definitely would have done better that Sabbir's duck, as he is being groomed into a great finisher. Did well vs WI pre WC, and then against SA.

So say Saifuddin saved 15 runs. And Mossadek added 15 runs. That's 30. But Aus still won by some 40 odd runs. I am going to say it wouldn't have made a difference. But interested to know what the majority thinks.