View Single Post
Old September 1, 2009, 10:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
I fully respect the roles of umpires in the game. I believe they need to be well compensated for their hard work. But I also think that the current rate is suffcient for BD living standard.
we are trying to increase the quality of cricket played in our domestic competition, and that includes having good umpires. BD umpires may not be the best umpires in the world, and all of it is not their fault, they didn't receive the same amount of training and other helpful things like the umpires from the other countries. i would rather have BCB trying to do something so that the umpires are getting more experience. So what is lowering their wage going to do, if anything it will make things worse. umpires will not be happy at all and the game will end up suffering. if we want to increase the quality of cricket in bangladesh and compete with the rest of the test nation this is not the way to go. so what the amount of money they will make now is sufficient for BD living standard, BCB's job is not to provide food on the table for the umpire's family, they have a much bigger job in hand to do, and lowering umpire's wage is not going to help doing that bigger job at all.