View Single Post
Old September 1, 2009, 12:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Well BCB is cutting executive travel budget too.
12000 taka per match is less? In a country where school teachers make 3000 taka per month?
Officiate 12 matches and you make 150,000 taka. Thats a first class govt officer salary per year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
I dont care how much ICC pays them. Thats their business. With benefits and stocks, Intel CEO makes 20 Million Dollars per year. Can you pay the same amount to a CEO in Bangladesh?
If you can not compare CEO from BD and CEO from US, then I am afraid you can not compare umpires and school teachers. Does University deans in BD make what Shakib, Mash, Ash makes per year? Sports salary and education salary is never same. Umpires are not peons.

Our board must match ratios with other test playing countries when it comes to paying salaries to the umpires, organizers, curators etc.

Umpiring is not that easy that any one can do that job. We still have one of the highest unemployment rate. Why can't every one become an Umpire?

Where did you get BCB cutting executive budget? Are you talking about the less people accompanying the Academy tour? Didn't we read that from now on in every tour there will be parlamentary members accompanying the team on BCB's expense?

Umpiring, refereeing are the hardest thankless jobs. Specially in BD where one would not have the technology to help them. I hope all umpires quit. Let us see what BCB will do. May be hire Reyme, then we can throw pocha dim at him when makes a mistake.