View Single Post
Old October 30, 2009, 10:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
same thread opener, same concern => a few months ago....

any improvements? have we got any new talent? no.

I appreciate ATMR's effort though, it is a great big of a concern and every world killer team has at least one killer fast bowler!

South africa: Steyn
Australia: Mitchelle Johnson
India: Ishant Sharma
England: James Anderson
West Indies: Kemar Roach
Bangladesh: Rubel Hossain(I am not writing him off yet!!!)
New Zealand: Shane Bond
Pakistan: Mohammad Amir
ishant has lost something, he's not bowling as quick and isn't as potent, not sure he classes as a killer fast bowler atm...anderson is too inconsistent imo to be put in that class, kemar is still really fresh and has to prove it over long term but definitely has looked good so far, rubel has the pace and a few weapons but lacks the essential line and length consistency which is a must for a top quality pacer, amir i wouldn't call a killer fast bowler because he doesn't take bags of wickets although he clearly has talent. sri lanka have malinga but he's got to prove himself again after the injuries.

really atm the fast bowling stocks around the world aren't that great, the main issue with BD pacers is that the consistent line and length bowlers don't have enough pace or variations and the ones that have the pace and the swing etc don't have consistent enough line and length.

as far as new talent goes, emon ahmed is the new name going around, also mash's brother was supposed to be around this season and he is supposed to be pretty decent. give the youngsters some time to develop, a few of them have the weapons to be good international bowlers, they just need a couple more years to work on their weaknesses.