View Single Post
Old March 13, 2008, 09:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
... This is no kopal'r likhon for Alok. His loss of form was his own downfall.
Can't argue there bro. My numbers also show that quite clearly. He didn't have a good start, then had two comparatively decent runs in a row, and finally had the run that saw him out of the team.

Did he desrve to be dropped when he was? Absolutely ! ...

I guess the point of this thread is: in light of the facts, how do we fairly decide what "loss of form" is all about and that there are different standards for Abir irrespective of "form". For example Ash seems to be under the gun a lot more intensely, and RIGHTLY SO I might add, despite having better numbers during this same period.

About my data: I simply went to the CI player profile, and went through the list of their ODI innings, excluding the depleted Zimbabwe and associate sides. In Alok's case, where I went through his whole career that way, I took 10 matches to a single increment until the last one, where we have more than 10. I also went through Ash's career that way and posted that in Asaad's thread, comparing his numbers to a certain MIchael Clarke's. "Our young guy" versus "the best young guy in the business", that sort of thing.

Abir's entire ODI career sans Zimbabwe and associates has been posted in the first post. Without those minnow sides, he has played 23 ODIs, and I've divided that in two parts of 10 and 13. The comparisons to active players still "in the loop" was based on that.

I also didn't calculate "Average" and therefore did not take any "not outs" into account. I calculated "Average Per Innings" by simply dividing the number of runs by the number of matches.

Thanks ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 13, 2008 at 09:49 AM..