View Single Post
Old August 31, 2022, 01:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
It's unfortunate how fans and team management trashing Mustafiz for giving 17 runs in a death over. While I am not happy about it either, it's normal for any bowler in the world to give away that many runs in a T20 death over. We got to learn to be accepting that a bowler may be hit for few boundaries during power play and death overs. Our problem is batters not giving us enough to defend. Generally, our bowlers (including Mustafiz and Taskin) have been doing a fine job trying to defend whatever they got.

Nabi pointed out during post match that it was not a good idea to bat first on a newly laid pitch to begin with. We handed the advantage to the Afghans, who knew better how the pitch behaving when they came to bat. We keep making this sort of poor decisions because our batters lack confidence to chase.
People are harsh on Mustafizz because he lost his fizz while ago. I don't think the loss was due to any player specifically. Collectively we were just not good enough. I primarily blame think tank and management for misreading the pitch, questionable toss decision, poor selection of under performing players.

Honestly, if there is no drastic changes from the top we will continue to lose against likes of Scotland, Hong Kong, Afghanistan, and continue to be laughing stock of world cricket.