View Single Post
Old January 6, 2011, 10:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I like Mushy's innings-building approach when he comes in the lower middle-order. I don't think he's suitable for that position, and he has been moved around quite a bit. So in all fairness, he wasn't given the chance with the bat to shine all that much. Having said that, he's still in the team primarily based on his batting skills as we desperately needed a keeper who's good with the bat. Mushy isn't a terrible keeper, but he is quite bad. Could be worse. But due to his height, he is at a disadvantage coz he can't keep those balls that go past that 6inch or 12inch margin from his gloves. He does make up for it by being extra annoying behind the wicket. For batsmen who lose their mind over this annoying nature, this can be a great plus point.

I'm not familiar with the domestic circuit and don't know what's in the pipeline. But if there's no other keeper who could bat as good as Mushy, he's staying for the next little while. The only big competitor of Mushy was Dhiman...who screwed it up for himself. Here is Dhiman's profile from CricInfo - 14 ODIs with a batting average of 14! http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...yer/56208.html