View Single Post
Old November 18, 2017, 06:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Default My experience with sensory deprivation tank

I think today I have become the first Bangladeshi (or even a BC-ite) to float. lol

In fact, it is because of this partially which made me return to the forum. Plus I missed it. Basically it resets and rewires your brain.

You become a completely different person. You become a brand new person. You feel the warmth and glow of sunlight after it is over as if you just emerged from womb. You really become born again and start seeing the world in a brand new eyes with entirely new neural circuitry.

I personally would recommend everyone to try this at least once in their life time if not as early as possible. Plus it is cheap. (Less than 50 bucks.) Only reason why I delayed it was because I thought 'meh, blah, it is just plain ol' relaxation like sauna or spa or jacuzzi or some thing...'

No. No. No. It is completely different.

I left the forum with lot of microaggression, passive rage, egoic issues. And yes, even two nights ago, I was having deep emotional, financial and personal issues. I kinda felt I really messed it up.

Well....flotation completely dissolves your ego. I don't mean ego as in pride, but the fact that we are motivated to pursue and accomplish great things chiefly from a pursuit of fear, lack, lack of self-esteem and feeling of 'not being good enough'. Ergo that results in ego.

I think Golden State Warriors also tried it. Navy SEALs do it for accelerated learning of foreign language acquisition. UFC fighters do it. And f yeah, I think if given the right opportunity every one of our players should do it.

Think of doing weed. Except no side effects. You feel sedated as if on pain killers or opiates.

Difference?

It is not like doing weed. LOL It is 100000000 x better. Marijuana might reset your brain but it wears off. This one for the most part will make you feel you are wearing a brand new cloth or skin.

No side effects. Trust me it is nothing like cannabis. My assumption would be it may be a bit like taking psilocybin. But why risk the hallucinatory trips, paranoia and side effects?

It is completely safe. It is 100% natural. It is absolutely relaxing.

Now for the actual experience:

Best thing to do is not to go with any expectation. Contrary to my fear (?) or belief, it wasn't supposed to be trapped in a dark room in cold water where phobia or fear percolates. No, the water temperature is same as your body temperature hence you feel no difference rather weightlessness in epsom salt and your body dissolves.

I went in partially with goal in mind. I was having severe relationship problems with my family, brief emotional crisis and to attain photographic memory and be rich like Carnegie. Carnegie who you may recall sang in Carnegie Hall: "Started from the bottom now we here..."

Anyhoo, it didn't pay heed to any of that. It immediately addressed the real issue at hand. Which was severe and acute pain of my coccydonia (tailbone). I had three car accidents (not my fault, let the records indicate) and although I was aware of my tailbone pain, I kinda swept it under the rug.

But, I had to face it. My pain is near 1200 in a scale of 1 to 12. I knew that I was acting so rough and violent (albeit disguised and camouflaged in the courtesy and etiquette of social drama that we ALL are so good at and adept) stemmed partially from here. I never addressed this issue. Imagine a wounded tiger with a claw stuck in its feet. Everything he says or do will perpetuate some negative vibes.

Other than that I was explicitly and severely mad at many of my family members and friends and blaming them for my life's misery and trouble. Funny thing is once my body relaxed, all of it just.... dissolved. I didn't have to do anything. Not a single thing. No meditation bullshit. No mantra. No positive affirmations. No 'thinking it through' and intellectualizing. All and that is all I felt was unconditional and complete love for my parents. I understood everything and everything from every perspective even from my own. Why I hurt. Why my parents. Why exactly is our life f-----ed up due to social conditioning and programming etcetera etcetrea. No one is to blame. It is simply not about that. It is not about playing a blame game.

I didn't have to try for radical forgiveness or compassion or kindness. It just felt right.

At some time in my journey, I felt like I have been lifted to an ocean of universe high and far above the sky. Then I felt like stretching and I imagined myself to wade like a frog. I remembered those scenes you see in the documentary (especially DMT ones) where one animal becomes another, like a human to frog to salamander etc... so I "got the point" that it simply means we are ALL ONE. We are all connected.

At some later time, since my senses turned off and I turned inward, my mind wanted to be busy. So I kept singing and humming softly. Something I'd never do in a million years.

I wanted to keep it short and sweet. And I thought I'd definitely return. The highlight was the compassion and unconditional love for my parents, who are like the most precious treasure in my life.

Epilogue

After I exited, although I felt change (I also did a light therapy that stimulates pineal gland) I was bursting with positivity and I thought it was just my self.

But after I came out of the studio and walked in the street, I felt everyone was good looking and superman. Something I imagined would happen in 2200 where everyone would have cosmic knowledge and be omniscience and be the best version of themselves.

Although I still didn't realize, I felt that reality has changed. Anyway, it has been full 17 hours since and the most important change I feel is: I can do no wrong.

I mean we, I, at least, obsess so much over so little... is this what I am saying "right"? Or wrong? Or right in the wrong setting? Or wrong in the wrong setting or right setting? Is it just? Is it moral? Is it legal? Is it ethical? Is it intuitive enough? Is it forced? Is it forcefully intuitive? Is it intuitively forced....?

I mean we set up a self-destructive negative feedback loop and pattern that ultimately drives us, and ergo, therefore the rest of humanity IN-S-A-N-E because everything we say, do or act can be imperceptibly and subconsciously felt by other.

Basically the inner critic died.

My only fear is it won't last that long. And that is okay. I can always go back and reset my brain and life. I mean car engine and air filters get dirty and clogged. It is just he nature of life.

Please do yourself a favor and try this. You will be a brand new man.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles