View Single Post
Old July 7, 2019, 01:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

Tamim last many years no doubt held the top well, as others fell quickly so it worked in his favour, so one can’t complete dislike his SR, yes it is poor overall. But he has kept one end up many a times, other openers not done enough, which played in his favour to go at that certain Strike Rate. But coming into an ICC event on good batting wickets, his SR was always going to be a big issue, not only that he didn’t even seem like had a proper attacking gear this WC in any of the matches he played, he did get in many times but I just didn’t see him kicking on to get a big on or a high 50.

If the others, likes of Sarkar play longer innings with strike rate over 90, then Tamim will not be able to keep going at his SR, will feel the pressure if he keeps failing with a poor SR.

What makes me laugh. I read Tamims interview, he said how he changed his game and only he knows where he came from and stuffs, from how he was to this and whats worked for him last 4 years despite the SR. But to me that just seems he is gone into that mode of playing for average. In todays day an age of modern ODI, am sure as an opener playing on good batting wickets, you can strike at 85 at