View Single Post
Old January 18, 2021, 03:36 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Rinat, I personally don't see any reason that Shakib's slot should be set in stone because what he did two years ago. He has been out of competitive cricket for a year, his batting struggles were very apparent in the T20 tournament. In his current form, I would demote him even further, behind Mushfiq at #5.

Nonetheless, I agree that Domingo is making a big gamble on Shanto, who is yet to bloom at the international stage. The other option is going back to Soumya, who unfortunately has not been living up to the promise he has shown in the early part of his career.
See Eshen, there is a difference between setting a position to stone and allowing a guy to retain a spot he successfully held until he stopped playing. He asked to play that role and in my opinion, its not right to take that away from him when we don't even know how he will perform. Pretty much everyone will start raw due to covid. For Shakib its a longer break but then we are also talking about Shakib Al Hasan... if there is one player in the team that you can count on for making the quickest comeback, Its him. I am just saying, not many teams in the world would take away a spot after what he did in the world cup. They will atleast give him a few series to see if he can slot in before making adjustments. Unless of course, Shakib asked to play down in order to play an easier role...