Thread: Financial News
View Single Post
Old November 21, 2020, 08:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Everyone seems high on this thread while valuations/multiples of companies are crazy.

No-one here seems to have a strategy for bad time.

I mean tell me some stocks , where I can sleep peacefully at night when the stock market collapses. Yes, I’m looking for stocks that will yield 10% dividend, at least in 3-5 years time.
No one is high. I am very grounded . And I have great strategy ..it's called long term hold and resist the urge to market time .

You been saying same thing past 11 years . 2009 it was recession so recovery makes no sense .... 2020 it's covid so market high don't make sense . And in between u lost atleast a 12 percent annualized return ....

And most importantly you actually do not know how to value a company in a given market condition. So u will always lose.

I came here in Feb/March and posted to here for everyone to remain calm while losing on paper atleast a quarter million dollar ...

And u kept watching waiting to get back in ..and kept watching ...while market doubled ... Ur valuation parameters didn't give u green signal after the market dropped 40 percent.. with individual stocks like pinterest going to 10 dollars ....u didn't jump in.... PINS at 70 now ... If ur valuation is 700x off then u are wrong not the market . That's an example...