View Single Post
Old October 21, 2019, 11:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Some valid points in the demand, but very irresponsible timing by not letting the BCB negotiate with them first before it went to this stage i.e. hartal.

There are few other observation and question marks:

Sakib mentioned that in "all first class games", players already knows the result before the game. Is it true or is it "till ke taal kora". i.e. if "few games" or "all games"? Regardless "true or false" its a serious allegation by Sakib about BCB to the world. ICC investigation coming in our way? Also how come in their 11 point demand, its not there? He already made the allegation, what happens if BCB agree will all their 11 points but not match fixing allegation? Will the players (including Sakib) will all go back and forget about this serious match fixing issue? I think he opened the Pandora box already,.... some head will fall.... and someone need to pay the price for this allegation .....there is no way to put this under the rug unresolved without addressing the issue.

The other observation is: most of their demand is related to salary and income. Most likely when those demands are addressed partially, the other demands (regardless how noble those ideas are) will be ignored.

Interesting to see how Bhaira bhai, Imrul and Tamim's career unfolds in this mess. My guess is there will be less tolerance to these senior players in future. Ektu norecho tou moresho.... less tolerance to their slumps.

If it goes too long.... few series will be cancelled, but eventually they will increase the flow of new bloods at rapid rate to reduce the influence of these over the hill senior players.

Papon is a shrewd and underrated about his management skill among the fans. He will find out the real trouble makers. They will be phased out sooner then later. Sakib is the only exceptional case, but he is not committed long term, he will leave one way or another. The rest (senior players) are replaceable (except for Mushfiq may be) .....sooner or later. And he has hundred percent backing of Hasina about whatever he plans to do.

So whatever happens... happens, but some senior players exits will be sooner than later. Mid term Is it good or bad? I don't know.....but short term it will be a roller coaster ride.