View Single Post
Old November 7, 2006, 02:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
bhai too immotional a post...

i believe aftab is a match winner also. ppl tend to forget his 67 against india. that won us the match. i am very hopeful about him.

bashar is a nothing ODI batsman, against zimbabwe and kenya he will come good, but nothing much against the big dogs.

mash is not near a geniune all rounder. he is clueless against even decent fast bowlers. however, his batting against picchi medium pacers and spinners is a HUGE asset for us.

nazmul was our pace man...but i wouldn't read much into this CCL performance. the quality is too low.

but i agree with ur other points.
Bhai Al furqaan,
I thought I should comment on some of your comments although I agree on some of them.

Ashraful is hero with all those zero(s) for his big contributions in our two famous wins against Aus and SL. Bashar played a good supporting role in both the matches with scores 30+. Aftab finished both with his heroics. Had Bashar been out at 10, we might not win either of those matches. Bashar's zero in first two CT matches proved too costly, probably the match against SL. I don't mind as he came out from injury and big lay off.

You termed this CCL standard as too low. I don't think there can be any domestic match higher than this standard. Our domestic performers will learn once they get exposure to international level.
I agree with your other points.