View Single Post
Old January 25, 2021, 02:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Problem is our modern superstars Liton, Shanto, Soumya isn't exactly lighting the world on fire.
Liton is of a different breed I think. My main qualm is people like Shamim will praise a batsman if he rotates the strike and takes six singles, instead of someone who plays defensive shots to good deliveries as "wasting" 5 straight deliveries eventhough he hits a six at the last ball.

I personally hate this calvinistic/puritan concept that this hack pompously preaches. That is SO outdated model and concept. No wonder we suck at T20.

Point being. If a batsman is a run getter it does not matter how the run comes. Just like a firm values a person who rains in most cash and check at the end of the year, a team should always prioritze the highest run getters.

Ideally a team think tank should give a rats a88 how the runs are made as long as they are coming. This is why NZ, SA, Aus can breed ballsy players like Gilchrist, McCullum, ABD, Alex Hales, Finch, Maxie. Because you don't have moron commentators like Shamim Chowdhury in their culture constantly nattering and micromanaging every single deliveries like an impatient manager in Staples. People in those counties knows when to loosen the leash, trust the players and tighten the grip when needed.

Now granted the pitch was bit difficult. So that is something I am willing to consider although it becomes very 'abstract' and 'invisible' typing behind the screen staying at home 5000 miles away from stadium for me.

But what do you get? People somehow praising a 60-ball 40 or something of that nature instead of a flashy 70 or 80 wasting least deliveries which sets up the platform and foundation.

Also, ONLY a moron will take chances RBW. If you are taking six singles RBW there are SIX times the possibility of run out chances. Somehow people has this GLORIFIED version of rbw.

Again the dumb puritan/calvinistic mindset. As long as un' yiez sufferin' it duzzn mattah.

(By the way, this is my general statement about anything in life. Usually tha lazy person who goes on to invent things in our society. Not the moron who mindlessly lays bricks. But somehow 5 singles is seen more "virtuous" than a four + 1.)

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles