View Single Post
Old March 20, 2009, 10:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Great advice from my mentor on FTP
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/forum...hp?f=20&t=9912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbz
The current problem is to do with the quality and depth of the current players. We’ve been on par with a few minor nations but are still behind some of the top major nations, infact some of the minor nations have got slightly better players at an U19 level possibly due to more support and greater cohesion.

Just looking at our U19 World Cup squad, nearly half (8 of 18) are current 19yos which shows the lack of depth of the top players at the current U19 level. We were put with 3 other Majors and were unlucky to drop the last 2 and miss out on the QFs.

The way to improve would be to keep recruiting Bangladeshi youths and to train them up well. Looking at the next few seasons we will be in better position next time ‘round than just recently. We have actually 2 friendlies today, 1 with full 19yo players and 1 with full 20yo players for comparisons sake – I doubt there will be much difference at all.

The current National team has a young squad as well (2 above 23) so we’re building experience into the younger ones for the future.

I encourage you and your forum buddies to get more involved with the National setup and help improve it, whether it be here or on an off-site forum. As an assistant to the U19s in the past season I have great insight into the National setup and how it runs, I’m sure Summit feels the same at the National level. We have seen the game grow and it’s hard to just pick up and get results straight the way. I feel an experienced manager is required to set the right platforms at an U19 level so Bangladesh can move forward.

I will most likely be running for the position and want the community to breathe well, I’ll even put up memberships if need be to attract support and interest in recruiting Bangladeshi players.