Thread: urgent !
View Single Post
Old February 2, 2003, 12:35 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Tehsin

Tehsin, you've got to post these messeges on your main site somewhere. (may be under a new site called "HISTORY". Otherwise, these information will be lost forever.

Do you guys know how long have I been frusrated at watching other teams' history and there was only 1 page on history of Bangladesh cricket on BD Cricinfo that doesn't even exist now? And that 1 page included only the fact Bangladesh was a part of Pakistan and that in 1979, Robin Miller (not sure about the last name), an English reporter wrote something about Bangladesh and then MCC team visited Bangladesh and eventually the then BCB asked for ICC associate member status in 1979.

And since the talk about History came, as well as of Raquibul Hassan - first of all where is his son now (had high hopes on him once - Sajid Hasan - our only inherited cricketer - after knowing about the Flower brothers, Crains, Chappells and others).

Secondly, I wanted to save a copy taht was published on Bangladesh Cricinfo main page after Bangladesh's getting test status, and Raquibul Hassan's interview - video interview was there. In fact, that was the only video posted on Bangladesh Cricinfo I think. That was also the time when I heard about Raquibul being selected for Pakistan team in '71.

Bangladesh Cricinfo should update these little things - like he was one of the selectors once etc., since there is a database there somewhere under Bangaldeshi players' name of Raquibul.