View Single Post
Old September 11, 2005, 01:47 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

agree with orpheus.mashrafee would be missed no doubt. but i like the sound of either rasel,rajib or talha better than tapash. tapash has been off color for quite a while and in spite of his whole hearted and tenacious efforts frankly he has been a bit of a liability in recent times.
i dont think its the right time for rajib to play test now, but yes it might be a blessing in disguise after all. surely our fast bowling cupboard looks completely bare, but if at least one of the three young guns come out with credible performances after this test, it would be a huge boost to our teams balance. if we had to choose two, I would go for rasel and rajib. and i seriously think, that if we decide to play one spinner from now on, it should be enamul and not rafiq. during the last couple of series, rafiq's performances have been increasingly lacklustre. he has just been too one dimensional and defensive. to lesser batsmen his arm balls would be a definate problem. but i dont see rafiq doing anything other than a holding job against the srilankans. enamul certainly is raw and inexperienced, but he is much more attacking and has more variations in his armory. but both rafiq and enam should play in the first test.