View Single Post
Old July 6, 2023, 10:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Maybe Papon-Hathuru pushed him over the edge, but Tamim seems to be having plenty of issues with his techniques and motivation to play this year. Despite not having any international commitment, he intentionally missed out bulk of the matches in BCL and DPL. Instead of playing cricket, he enjoyed a month long Nagad sponsored vacation in Thailand.

From pre-series camp clips I had seen, his fitness and batting form were alarming. He was struggling even against net bowlers from Dhaka First Division. Both Siddons and Hathuru tried to help him, so did Mushfiqur Rahim. To me, it seems he took the field against AFG on some wishful whim that all his troubles would go away if he just plays a match. When that failed, looks like he lost his will to go on. Even in past, he showed that he does not have the mental strength to withstand pressure in an ICC event to deliver even as an individual player. Ridiculous to see he was chosen to lead the team in this WC.

I am not opposed to him reconsidering to play for Bangladesh team in the WC. But I hope he's wise enough not to reclaim captaincy.