View Single Post
Old September 18, 2019, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default Who has cemented his place for the upcoming T20Is and the T20WC?

Obviously, our T20I side is really BANG average if anything. It is good however that we still have some useful players in our side. I for one thing only a handful of our current players are a must for the T20WC.

Litton Das - Litton in his short T20I career has undoubtedly been the most effective batsman ever. Averaging close to 25 and striking at 140+. He is doesn't play blind shots mind you. Best part of his batting is he knows how to make good use of the field restrictions, particularly going over the covers as well as over fine leg. Also an agile fielder plus can keep which means Mushy needs to be careful. Definitely one of the MVPs of our current side should his form remain intact.

Saifuddin - Saifuddin has really been able to get the ball swinging with the new ball and even in the death overs. He can also bowl yorkers better than the others, not perfect yorkers yet but he can definite improve. As for his batting, he is the ideal guy to come at 7/8, as he has a solid base and can really whack the ball + Play some smart cricket too. Good technique. Saifuddin is an absolute blessing in this format and in ODIs too.

Shakib - Average T20 batsman. Lost his power game but can still score a few runs here or there. And his bowling is always there. Gives us a lot of options.

Riad - Definitely the best middle order batsman we have had in this format. He has got both the power game and also to build partnership. Quick between the wickets, and has the nerves to bat at clutch moments. Handy offie in T20s too.

Some other guys who have decent chance of making it through include - Afif and Fizz. I strongly don't want to go with Tamim because he is only decent for playing an anchor role which can already be played by Shakib. Shabbir has muscles but he is struggling as a finisher.

Maybe by the time the T20 we will have an XI like this:

Litton
Afif
Shakib
Mushy(wk)
Yasir
Riad
Shabbir
Saifuddin
Taskin/Ebadat
Shafiul
Mustafizur