View Single Post
Old June 11, 2019, 11:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Whereas I make like 60c a month. But the thing is it works. Ever since a year or so ago, after the machine started perpetually I found that pennies are still trickling. Now only if I had the fanbase and marketing prowess of low grade fiction writers of swords and dragonslayers.
sounds like you already know what would increase your earnings, but dont want to go that route. but then again, that genre must be flooded with writers trying to become the next JK Rowling. how would one stand out of that mess?

writing, like everything else in life, is all about past success. the writer that gets on the nytimes best seller will get the book deals. VCs almost blindly invest in founders with previous exits. Movie producers would rather go with a well established actor. etc etc. this is why guys like cat litter picker and jk Rowling are special - they caught lightning in a bottle. but still, there are many moderately wealthy writers, entrepreneurs, actors, who carve out a niche for themselves. And marketplaces like kindle amazon, even ebay, itunes can provide a platform to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
As much I wanted to f--- with stocks, I felt it is best to invest in oneself and for the creative of thrill of sculpting something with your own hands. Plus selling in kindle gives me satisfaction even if it I earn a penny.
thee two arent necessarily mutually exclusive.