View Single Post
Old June 11, 2019, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I am taking my wife with me. So would prefer fine dining type of restaurant.

thank you Miraz bhai.
If you want authentic BD food, go to Nanna Biriynai ( Aldgate East station ). This is by no means fine dining and more like an adda khana. During lunch or dinner times, you will have plenty of vua students having addas and they screech like little girls and you will struggle to hear your wife from across the small table ( speaking from experience )

The rest of the so-called Indian ( i.e. British Sylethi ) restaurants you will find in the renowned Brick Lane area are listless and all have the same menu and curries are listless as well ( garlic chicken curry means some pieces of asto garlic on top of a chicken curry lool ). These Brick Lane restuarants are more for goras whoa re being tricked into eating such average food.

You can go to these places but they are not Bangladeshi :
Chaudhrys - buffet place in Edmonton
Royal Nawab - buffet place in Perivale
Jimmys - buffet place in O2
JRC - buffet ( part halal ) in Ilford
Dishoom - covent garden
Talli Joe
India Club - Embankment - this is not a fine dining place and looks pretty average but it has a lot of history. This was the meeting point of some Indian expats when the British ruled India and they made plans. The owner eventually became the first High commissioner of India after independence.
Lahore Kebab house - Whitechapel