View Single Post
Old October 12, 2018, 02:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
So we are sticking with imrul. One step forward two step backward. We already know what imrul has to offer. He is 30+ year old. Suddenly he is not gonna become a consistent performer. Give others a chance, if they fail you can always bring him back.

I think it's clear that soumya is in our plan for worldclup. Then why he is dropped? This would have been the perfect opportunity for him score some run. I guess mominul can say goodbye to shorter format cricket. You bring someone to the team after 3-4 years, at least give the guy a fair chance before ditching him again.

Anyway, I hope ariful will play all three matches. Hopefully he will deliver.
Imrul has been very successful since 2016. After Tamim, Imrul has been the most prolific Opening Batsmen in ODI's. No one else even comes close. Soumya was only in 2015... Litton just has one ODI ton to show for it...other than than Imrul has done ok in Asia cup to be persisted with. He should have done better against Pakistan and India in the final but his Innings against Afghanistan (also Mahmudullah's innings) got Bangladesh out of trouble and kept us in Asia cup.

We could certainly use Imrul's experience in World cup 2019...

Note: Image taken before Litton Ton....(Now Litton averages 20)