View Single Post
Old July 28, 2018, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I'm using garageband basically. Took me a couple hours to figure out, but it works really well. I tried to make a youtube vid like yours with a still image, but I couldn't figure out how to use iMovie. So I dowloaded this other software for video editing. It made the sound quality sound even better than what you just heard, but for some reason it had my unedited podcast clip (with keyboard clicking noises, etc). So I don't have anything on youtube as of now.

What would be good for you since you have guests often is to find someone to get the Skype audio fed directly into your audio software. There has to be a very easy way to do that.

The alternative option is to maybe use good quality speakers (?).

I use Audacity. But that's the editing software. I am talking about the actual software that records the voice. Removing clicks, background noises, clipped voices, Audacity does a great job. Unfortunately, echo is one of the hardest things to fix post recording. You need a really good software upfront that records all voices equally well.

I am not sure what you mean by having the skype audio fed directly into the audio software. I though that is what the Skype Recorder App did. We are currently looking for a better app, but the Free Skype Recorder is the best one we found so far. And honestly, it does fine with two people. Listen to the 1st and 2nd podcasts. Only when a third person joins, things start to get a bit echoey except the voice from the host pc.

Question of speakers doesn't come into it, as we all use headphones. Using speakers will create more echo, not less.

In any case, congratz again on starting this venture. I just listened to the whole thing. It pumps me up seeing people talk about Bd cricket. Let's give Bd cricket an edge media wise! The team can be boring and unimaginative, doesn't mean we have to be. We will collab soon.