View Single Post
Old February 26, 2018, 07:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Most foreign cuisine to some extend get infused to meet the local mass demographic. Chinese food in Bangladesh (which I enjoy) has had to make changes so it is well received and nothing like what their authentic food is like. Same with Indian curry shops in UK, which you would hardly get to see Bangladeshis/Indians going as it is sweet and very mildly spiced for the Western palette.

However there are places in the UK where you can sample authentic food these days as compared to 10 years ago.

Malaysian: Being in Asia the types of food I have tried is very tasty. Their beef rendang is quite hot which is my favourite. Satays tend to be decent. Nasi lemak which is their national dish looks nice and tastes quite good. But overall I find their food quite heavy as they use alot of coconut. I have this type of food once a year.

Thai Cuisine: I prefer this type of food as it doesnt feel heavy and quite refreshing. Their soups like Tom Yum is a must for me and clears my head. I also like their Pad Thai noodles which at good restaraunts comes in an egg nest. Their fish dishes are also amazingly good too. Their fried tempuras and satays are nice. The best thing is no matter what kind of restaurant you visit is the hospitality.

Japanese: in the UK one is restricted to Sushi. I kind of enjoy this but more as a snack. My favourite is California rolls with fried Onion (Beresta) on top.

Pakistani: Among the Sub continent countries , they are the most authentic in the UK as their customer base is more for the ethnic people and the new generation of English eaters who have a better tolerance for spicy food. Their currys are really good, naan breads are nice and they make the best lamb chops.

Italian: Pizzas made in restaurants are really nice. Also certain pastas are a league above to the ones made at home or supermarket versions. Their sea food dishes are really tasty with nice sauces. I prefer this among all the European cuisine.

British: Fish and chips. I lived on this for a week when I came to the UK. Its really nice if you buy it from an authentic one. Other than this there is nothing really nice about British food.

Lebanese: This is my favourite type of cuisine after Bangladeshi. They are normally generous with portions where you visit. The grilled meat is very well spiced.

Turkish: I dont like the kebabs here as they were little less spiced compared to Lebanese. Their version of the falfael isnt nice compared to Lebanese. However their pizza (pide) is really nice.

Iranian: Their food is decent but very rice based. Their kebabs are similar to Pakistani food. The special theme in most Iranian restaraunts is that usually the bread/naan maker will be visible for customers.