View Single Post
Old January 19, 2017, 07:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
At this point in our history we are still able to produce average players. Tamim is our all time great opener and he is an average player by international standard. So nothing to be surprised about when average decisions are made and average results are achieved on the cricket field. You have to understand that a century from our players is still a statistical anomaly rather than the norm.

There is no doubt our learning curve could be better but we all know the systemic and cultural issues we have that hinders the process of developing somebody like Kohli.

Are we going to get better players in the future to take us to the next level from our current bunch? The answer is no. The day our U19 wins a major tournament, i will start to believe above average players are in the pipeline. Until then this is the best we got.
I am not asking for world beaters

I am just asking for our senior cricketers to step up after the opportunity they have got

Anamul has as many centuries in ODIs than Riad. He has decent performance in T20s. He is a much better fielder. But did management persist with him? No. Al Amin was successful in the matches he played but soon ousted.

Yes Tamim Shakib Riad Mushy Mash and Imrul are the best we have got but how about we compare them with players around the world and not Bangladesh? I am sure our boys have had better facilities and more matches than Azhar Ali, Sarfaraz, but still their performance is so much inferior?

The likes of Roy Billings Hales surely have less experience yet seem so much more matured.

There lies the issue. Our players feel it's fine to be the best in Bangladesh. But that's where they sre wrong. Because international cricket is not BPL. Here you are competing against the rest of the world not against your own country men.

About time these guys make most of the opportunities and actually start showing up.

So riad won us many matches right? How many of our losses is because of him? How many times Tamim has given us a poor start in terms of run rate and how often has he got himself out early playing ridiculous shots?

I won't complain about the talent pool. I complain about the mentality of the players. If the star player of a side with 250+ matches under his belt decides to dance down the track in the first over of the day not once but twice in a span of 3 months then something is wrong with the team.

Believe me we have more talent than most countries. It's just that Bangladeshis lack the key elements to truly be successful in cricket:
1) Fitness
2) maturity
3) smartness