View Single Post
Old January 19, 2017, 06:53 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I want to be positive I really do.

But tell you Magician bhai how can you expect us to be positive when our players with 10+ years decides to commit hara kiri in important moments of a test match.

We can be positive if it's our juniors failing but when seniors fail it's a worrying sign. And it's not the failure but rather the method of failure
At this point in our history we are still able to produce average players. Tamim is our all time great opener and he is an average player by international standard. So nothing to be surprised about when average decisions are made and average results are achieved on the cricket field. You have to understand that a century from our players is still a statistical anomaly rather than the norm.

There is no doubt our learning curve could be better but we all know the systemic and cultural issues we have that hinders the process of developing somebody like Kohli.

Are we going to get better players in the future to take us to the next level from our current bunch? The answer is no. The day our U19 wins a major tournament, i will start to believe above average players are in the pipeline. Until then this is the best we got.