View Single Post
Old February 13, 2015, 12:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekyd
This is what Mash said according to crapinfo. http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cric...ry/830109.html

"I can't sit here and say that our morale isn't shaken. To be honest, if we believe in our purpose, we can do good things," Mashrafe said. "But who amongst us took these two practice matches seriously is my real concern. Even if they took it seriously, they couldn't execute the plans. If we perform in this vein, it will definitely have an impact in the important matches up ahead. I think we will be better prepared mentally and physically in the main matches. We have five-six days ahead of us. We can't change our skills during this short time but we have to be mentally and physically ready."

Two different tones here. My thoughts echo with Mash's. What I am really worried about is our confidence and moral. Mash is right about questioning some of the players attitude. I wonder if there is any grouping amongst the players. There's already some bad blood between the Chacha and the coach which is not good for the team's over moral. Low in confidence, grouping, squabble between senior management, players complaining about not being properly acclimatised and lack of professional attitude - all of these will eventually factor into our downward spiral. It will even become worse if we lose against the Afghans.

All of a sudden I am not even hopeful of anything from these bolods. I hope they perform when it matters the most.
It's pretty welknown, Shakib and Tamim, does things at their will. After being removed from captaincy, mushy might as well join the club. But I'm sure they will try their best to perform in real matches for self interest, if they can, we are in for the competition, if they fail we are doomed. that's the probable picture.

So expect a lack of team spirit, off camera. They won't make captains job easy anyway. Let's see how Mash handles it, complaining won't help.