View Single Post
Old June 13, 2012, 12:42 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Hi Coach,
There is no doubt that someone somewhere screwd up. If I am paid 4 months late than I expect an interest on the payment. We as citizens of Bangladesh are apologetic for this mishap from the organisers and cricket board. I am confident thaat the dues will definately be paid since foreign players are playing in our leagues for decades now and payment has never been an issue.

My question to you is, Why is it that not a single foreign cricketer or coach or support staff formally complained about the delay?
The contract is between the players and the franchises. I can assure you that players are constantly asking/complaining/questioning the franchises, weekly.

With regard to "complaints" - the players union (acting on behalf of ALL the foreign players) has been doing this for more than a month or two, to try to get the BCB to take action. The Professional Cricketer's Association (PCA) in England has also been acting on behalf of the professionals from here and the same questions are constantly raised.

Not sure how much more people can keep asking the same questions to be honest.

Let's be honest though. If you have a written contract, that is a formal document. Should you have to resort to 'going public' or dragging the name of Bangladesh Cricket through the dirt to get something done? Cricketers do not want to do that, I can assure you.