View Single Post
Old June 10, 2012, 04:25 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Funny really. 11% of total payment left unpaid and they are making noise and taking legal action.
BPL becoming the 2nd most lucrative T20 Domestic League causing discomfort for a lot of people around the world for obvious reasons. Mr May is just pimping for them.

Just to put things in perspective, (but not comparing because the two leagues are world apart), when Kochi Tuskers Kerala failed to make payment to their players, which they still havent after over a year, no one makes a single noise and I dont think I've ever heard a single word from
Mr Pimping May about his "concern".

Here is the news article, dated 30th March 2012.

===
Players left unpaid as BCCI, Kochi team owners pass the buck
Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 0350 hrs IST (Mumbai, New Delhi)

Players of the disbanded IPL team Kochi Tuskers Kerala (KTK) haven’t yet received 30 to 40 per cent of their promised payment from last season. In case of KTK’s leading player from 2011, S Sreesanth, the unpaid amount comes to Rs 1.58 crores.

The figure due to foreign players is expected to higher. The delay in payment has surprised the players since BCCI was party to the tripartite contract they signed with the franchise.

There is a general feeling among the former KTK players, most of whom have been picked by other franchises, that they are in for the long haul as both the BCCI and the team owners are passing the buck and are refusing to address their problem. The aggrieved players allege that the team owners have stopped answering phones and the Indian board officials have virtually washed their hands of the issue.

Sreesanth confirmed to The Indian Express that he is yet to receive full payment for IPL-4. “I haven’t got my payment yet, I’m still to receive Rs 1.58 cr,” he said. It is also learnt that wicket-keeper batsman Parthiv Patel is waiting for an installment of Rs 50 lakh.

When contacted, the IPL commissioner Rajeev Shukla refused to comment. Another top officials said their hands are tied. “Players will have to go to court to get their dues. We have encashed the bank guarantee of Rs 150 cr but KTK has asked for arbitration. So we can’t pay the players as of now,” a top BCCI official said.

A representative of franchise made it clear that they had no intention of paying the players.

Mukesh Patel, chairman of Kochi Tuskers, said, “There is no payment to be made from our side. In fact, it’s the BCCI, who has to pay us. They have not given our money back. As far as Kochi is concerned we have made payments to all our players, including all the support staff members.”

The BCCI took the decision to terminate KTK’s contract after the business group that bought the rights failed to pay their full bank guarantee.

Foreign players suffer too

Heath Mills, New Zealand Cricket Players’ Association chief executive, said, “There has been an issue with regard to a certain amount of outstanding fees that Brendon McCullum is to receive from the Kochi IPL team. We have been trying to get in touch with people in the Kochi team, basically the owners but we haven’t got a response yet. At the moment no one is responding and it is unclear as to who is responsible. We are aware that the BCCI has advised players to take up the issue of non-payment of full fees with the Kochi team owners. As of now that is the route we are pursuing but if we continue to get no response we will have to consult the BCCI with regard to the next course of action.”

On termination of the franchise, the BCCI had promised that it would look after the interests of the affected players. However, that hasn’t happened. Kedar Jadhav who turned out for the Kochi Tuskers said, “The communication from the BCCI has also been confusing.” Jadhav who plays for Maharashtra in the Ranji Trophy had a two-year-contract worth Rs 20 lakh with the Tuskers. “They still owe me 35 per cent of the money promised to me last year,” Jadhav said.

Jadhav’s teammate B Akhil has decided to take the franchise to court over the non-payment of his dues. “I haven’t received 40 per cent of my fee for last year,” Akhil said.

Akhil had signed a 2-year-contract worth Rs 30 lakh. “The Indian cricket board should have ensured that the domestic players were accommodated in other teams.”

Source : http://www.expressindia.com/latest-n...e-buck/930240/

===

Where is Tim May and his FICA ???
It is very clear that they are trying to create an issue to tarnish the image of BPL which is becoming the 2nd most lucrative T20 league. If BPL continues to grow, soon it will draw more international stars and will be more attractive league than SA T20, Aussie Big Bash or English T20 league.

Now, some folks are helpless against the might of India in cricket world, so they cant utter anything against IPL and lets it be. But when it comes to Bangladesh and BPL, the world is falling apart for them and they have to stop it at any cost.

Remember how they stopped English wicket keeper Matt Prior to even participate in the auction ???

Being said that, BCB and the team franchise should have kept their commitment and paid the players at an agreed time frame.

BCB should take a hard stance and fight back to shut May & gong before it gets too late.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]