View Single Post
Old December 4, 2010, 09:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
He always perform well against Zimbabwe. So it was pretty much expected.
Not really Murad bhai. Last time he played Zim was August 2009, that was the time we had that 2 back to back 5 match series against them. Following are his scores from those 10 matches- 11*, 35, 78, 35, 24, 16, 39*, 21, 9*, 31. 1 50 in 10 matches against Zim? He faced Zim 4 times prior to these 10 matches, and his scores from those matches are 23, 28, 52*, 14. So all together 2 50s in 14 games. That's not exactly always performing well against Zim? Is it?

Some people are taking his 50 for a lot more than what it is, while others are completely blowing it off. Personally I don't think it means much, unless he can can follow up with similar or better consistent performance. This is definitely a good knock, considering in the last few outings he scored 21, 18*, 6, 6. Another point to note is he had some good scores during the NCL, so its good to see that he is able to carry his form from the domestic circuit to here. And the biggest point of all his, Shakib stood up for him, so had he not live up to the expectation, ultimately it would have been Shakib who would have to hear things. But as I said before, this innings will become completely meaningless unless he can follow it up with similar/better performance. Consistency is what its all about.