View Single Post
Old June 2, 2010, 01:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

generally i am not a lefty.

but after watching aamir sohail in 1992 WC, i used to be a SLA and LH batsmen. i could actually bowl spin with both hands. one two years later i realized i can play shots with a bit more power in RH so i was RH batsmen but SLA. though left or right hand i am a crap batsman. i have good technique or defence but when try to play shots i struggle. and specially against pace.

in 1995 one of my friends who used to be a good pace bowler asked me to try pace bowling. then i started to bowl RH pace and then continued as a RH pacer in school, college and university. i had my best days at school but could not get into nirman team as my batting was poor. our school actually had 11 batsmen as all other bowlers were good batsmen. when i did not get in nirman team i stopped playing cricket. it was 1998. in 2000 in college(NDC) i again started playing. i could not get my school days pace back, as i bulked up and could not running as quick i used to run in runup. then i became more of a line length bowler and was selected for the final thirty of college squad could not make the final 15 which i did not expect.

in university (BUET) i never played serious cricket in big field. i rather played tape tennis cafe cricket which was more fun. even then i was mainly RH pacer, but i very often switched to SLA, off break or LH pacer for fun. though i could bowl all of them effectively.

my batting still was crap, LH or RH